You may not know this but periods are far more brutal for us women in the colder months, sadly. Period cramps, unwanted skin problems, and severe food cravings are just a few of the problems on our list, that come with our monthly p’s.
Luckily, we have a solution to one of those problems… we have a way you can become more acquainted with your skin, so you hopefully put an end to those month-to-month breakouts!
A WEEK BEFORE YOUR PERIOD
Your skin is significantly PMS-ing on the account of your estrogen levels plunging, and progesterone (a hormone) amping up your oil generation!
What to do?
- Get rid of the oil your pores with a salicylic acid toner.
- If you feel a pimple making an appearance then you should blend underneath the surface, slather on a mud/clay mask — it sucks out grime from inside the skin, keeping a breakout.
THE WEEK OF YOUR PERIOD
Do you have zits everywhere?
They’re the after effect of periods…
What to do?
- Double up your cleansing routine
- Remove any makeup on your face with a wipe and
- Wash your face with a benzoyl peroxide face wash (as it will eliminate germs and diminish any irritations.)
- Utilize an oil lotion to avoid your skin from drying.
THE WEEK AFTER YOUR PERIOD
At least the hard bit is over.
By now, your estrogen and progesterone hormone levels should return to being ordinary and the same goes for your skin.
What to do?
For a cystic zit which can last up to 10 days!
- Apply hydrocortisone on the zit (it should be used in a pea size amount)
Peel Your Skin
Peeling your skin may sound harsh, but, trust us it’s not actually.
- Peel your skin delicately in a roundabout movement with the goal that it purges your pores and furthermore gets rid of those dead skin cells effortlessly.
- This can help profound your skin by leaving you with glowing and delicately soft skin.
- But try not to over-shed your skin as it might harm or tear your skin effectively.
Utilize Turmeric Paste
You ought to apply turmeric mask all over to prevent skin breakout and pimples on your face.
Here’s a simple DIY:
- Take 1-2 spoon of turmeric powder, add some water and mix it.
- Apply it on your face
- Wash with lukewarm water
- Turmeric contains antibacterial properties which should keep your hormonal skin breakouts at bay.
Keep Your Skin Hydrated
Keeping your body and your skin hydrated during your periods is imperative.
So this is the ideal time to deal with your skin.
Any dry regions on your skin such as wrinkles around the eyes, you should apply hydrating night cream.
Additionally, you should keep your skin hydrated during the daytime by using a cream that keeps your skin delicate, soft and supple.
Steam Your Skin
Your skin may look dry, sketchy and undesirable amid menstrual days.
Steaming is a powerful way to restore your skin and abandon your dry and patchy skin.
Steaming your face for 5 minutes can vastly help.
Try not to Try New Products
Try not to attempt trying new items on your skin, yeah, nows not the time…
There are high odds of chemically loaded items to responding negatively with your skin.
Your skin is extra delicate during your periods, therefore; you should be careful with it.
Utilize a face wash with ingredients such as salicylic acid so it deals with your skin and keeps your pores from flaring!
It gets rid of pimples and prevents skin breakouts on your skin too. Any products such as serums or astringents which contain salicylic are a green tick.
Garlic is your Best Friend
Take a piece of garlic, pound it well, and rub it on your pimples.
It will decrease the skin inflammation estimate and will keep the future event of skin break out also.
Tea Tree Oil
Wash your face in any event once per day with tea tree oil. What’s more, tea tree oil is an intense basic oil. In this way, don’t utilize it specifically. Or maybe, utilize it in weakened shape. You can likewise lean toward utilizing face washes containing tea tree oil as the primary fixing.
Comment below and let us know if we missed any tip that YOU know of period acne.