A classic smokey eye never goes out of fashion, it is the most widely created eye look of our time. It suits everyone, doesn’t require many products or tools, and it doesn’t require many products or tools, yet it still gives a fulfilled makeup look.
Our Pro-on-board Saniha Farooq shared her ultimate smokey eye tutorial tips with us, and of course, we’re going to share them with you!
1. PREP YOUR EYELIDS
Firstly, in order to prepare your eyes, apply primer to the eyes so that your eye-shades last longer, and the application is easier. Furthermore, in order to lock the primer and prevent it from creasing, use a translucent powder to set it up.
2. CREASE, OUTER & INNER CORNER
The next step is to apply the eyeshadow on the crease area. Use a transition color that is one tone darker than the color of your lid. And, in order to add drama to the look, we used a black color shade to the outer corner, as well as the inner corner of the eye. Then, blend it using the transition color to avoid harsh lines and giving it a natural look.
Now comes the main part of the tutorial, which is applying the eyeshade to the lids. We have used a golden eyeshadow as the base color, to intensify the look. Then we used a golden glitter liner on top of that. Lastly, set it up using an eyeshadow brush for a more finished look.
4. LOWER & UPPER LASHLINE
First, for the lower lash line, we used a brown eyeshadow to fill the line and then to make it more prominent we used kohl pencil to finish up the lookup. And then, after applying false lashes, we filled the upper lash line with kohl pencil so that there aren’t any gaps left.
5. HIGHLIGHTING BROW BONE
In order to finish up the look, we added a bit of highlighter to the brow bone area, so our look can be more highlighted and prominent. This will make your arch pop out and enhance your overall look as well.
Our Pro-on-board Saniha Farooq’s Product List:
- Tatcha camellia cleansing oil
- Pixi Beauty glow tonic
- Beautify By Amna 24 k gold serum
- Morpheus orange corrector
- CHANEL Perfection Lumiere foundation
- CHANEL concealer
- bareMinerals complete coverage serum concealer
- Laura Mercier translucent powder
- Giorgio Armani luminous silk compact
- Morphe Brushes dare to create eyeshadow palette
- ColourPop eyeshadow in millionaire
- Urban Decay Cosmetics 24/7 glide on eye pencil in perversion
- ZHOOSH lashes in Bambi
- Luscious contour kit
- MAC Cosmetics blush in Melba
- Huda Beauty golden sands highlighter palette
- NYX Professional Makeup lip liner in mahogany
- Kat Von D liquid matte in Lolita 2
- Huda Beauty liquid matte in Icon
- Kylie Cosmetics lipgloss in candy k P
- Pixi Beauty glow mist
- Mario Badescu Skin Care facial mist
Here you can view the full smokey eye makeup tutorial as taught by our Pro-on-board Saniha, she demonstrates all of the rules for a perfect smoky eye, step by step, so you can attempt the perfect smokey eye! To check out our previous takeovers by our awesome Pro-on-boards and SUBSCRIBE to our awesome YouTube Channel:
Oh, and If you like this pro-on-board as much as we did, then make sure you follow her on her social mediums…
Comment below and let us know which other topics you would like us to cover?