In a perfect world, we would all have a perfect hair, perfect nails, a perfect body and an even skin tone throughout our body, including those intimate areas… but sadly, we don’t live in such a world. VAGINA… There we’ve said it! Let’s quickly get the awkwardness out of the way so we can move on to the real discussion.
It’s perfectly normal for even the fairest girls to have the darkest vaginal areas, so there’s nothing wrong with you, it’s kind of a universal thing. Some of you may not mind having a darker intimate area, which is great! But if you feel the need to have an even skin tone down under, then this article is to your advantage.
The skin around the vaginal area is extremely sensitive, you need to be extra careful about what you are applying down there. We have investigated several different ways to lighten the intimate area, and we’ve discovered a lot of remedies, but some of them are definitely more promising than others.
At Beauty Hooked, we’ve compiled the ultimate DIY natural remedies to lighten the vaginal area. But, remember, these home remedies won’t work if you only apply them once a week… so make sure you use these remedies regularly as stated and we can promise that you’ll see results.
Another thing to consider is a skin condition. It’s possible that the cause of darker skin is a skin condition, for such cases it would be best for you to visit a dermatologist. As they are skin specialists and they will have the ideal advice.
DIY #1 – Lemon Juice
Most likely one of the safest solutions to help brighten & lighten the vaginal skin. Citrus extract and Vitamin C that is found in lemons are ideal for two things: Removing discoloration and eliminating microscopic organisms.
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 10 drops of rose water
- Weaken the lemon by squeezing it and then mix it with rose water.
- Immerse a cotton pad in the mixture.
- Squeeze out any excess and apply on the required vaginal region.
- Let it sit for 3 to 5 minutes and wash it off.
- Use this technique 3 times a day for quick results.
If you experience a burning sensation down there, at any point, then rinse it off immediately!
DIY #2 – Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is packed with cancer-preventing agents and aloesin which controls melanin generation, therefore, it helps lighten the skin tone.
- A pinch of turmeric
- 1 tbsp of aloe gel
- Cut the aloe leaf down the middle and retract the gel.
- In a bowl, blend the aloe gel with the turmeric.
- Rinse the area thoroughly, pat it dry with a delicate towel and apply the mixture.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Wipe it clean.
- Repeat the procedure 3 times a day.
DIY #3 – Lemon + Turmeric + Rice powder + Yogurt
Rice powder attempts to remove any dead skin cells. The acidity of the lemon fades the skin and furthermore gets rid of the smell. Cancer-preventing agents from the turmeric invigorate the bloodstream, enhancing the skin tone.
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp rice powder
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- ½ tsp lemon
- Blend all ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix until it is smooth and the consistency is fluid.
- Add rosewater to improve the consistency if needed.
- Apply it to your vaginal area.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Clean it in a circular movement.
- Rinse with water and pat it dry.
DIY #4 – Sandalwood + Orange peel
The bacterial properties of sandalwood cleanse the skin of any polluting influences, they also exterminate dead skin cells and reveal the smooth skin underneath. An orange peel is packed with vitamin C, a natural skin brightener. This powerful remedy for brightening the skin around the vaginal area will bring about results in 7 days!
- 1 tbsp of sandalwood powder
- 1 tsp of orange peel powder
- 2 tbsp Rosewater (or more, if required)
- Combine all the ingredients to make a smooth paste.
- Wash your vaginal area with plain water.
- Pat it dry and apply the paste to the vaginal area.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off and pat it dry again.
DIY #5 – Yogurt
If you’re in dire need of a quick way to brighten the vaginal area, then all you’ll need is yogurt. It helps the skin tone, as well as calming and cooling the skin.
- Rub the vaginal area with a thin layer of yogurt for 5 minutes consistently.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes a
- Wash it off.
- Apply organic lavender oil to ensure there isn’t an after smell of yogurt!
DIY #6 – Egg White
Egg white has some powerful skin brightening properties, in addition, it is infused with proteins, which helps lighten, brighten, and smoothen the skin.
- Take an egg white in a bowl and whip it until it has a foamy consistency.
- Apply it to the dull vaginal region.
- Let it sit until the point you feel your skin stretch.
- Wipe it clean with a wet cloth.
DIY #7 – Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is known for its disinfecting, hostility to bacterial and anti-parasitic properties, which will get rid of any pigmentation and fight any micro-organisms!
- Trim the vaginal area of any undesired hair
- Wash it with water.
- Apply coconut oil to the vaginal area.
- Abstain from wearing any tight clothing or underwear.
- Let the oil absorb into the skin.
- Regularly use this method until you start seeing results.
Comment below and let us know if there’s any other topic you’d like us to cover!