Did you know that your skin grows in layers. So with every passing day new sink cells replace old ones, and the old cells remain like dead skin cells on the surface of fresh ones. Now these dead skin cells are truly a disaster! They leave skin looking dull, rough, and dry, their buildup can also result in excess oil and clogged pores, leading to blemishes and acne (Yikes!). What you need to get rid of these dead skin cells is: Exfoliation.
Exfoliation can clear the way for healthy new skin cells. BUT if exfoliation is not done properly, it can have a negative impact on skin, causing skin damage. So let us help you exfoliate your skin the right way…
The Right way to Exfoliate:
- Choose the right exfoliant according to your skin type. For example if you have sensitive skin you would not want a harsh exfoliant with a very rough texture.
- Take a small amount of the product, apply to your face and move the textured product in circular motions to remove the excess oil and dead skin.
- Gently rub it onto your skin and leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes before rinsing off.
- Best time to use exfoliate is at night. Skin cells build themselves at hyper speeds while you sleep. So once you exfoliate the dead skin off at night, your skin will be in a better position to let fresh cells in and give you a healthy morning glow.
- Exfoliation is recommended to be done twice or thrice a week, not more than that. No matter what your skin type. Over exfoliation might cause redness, further acne, sensitive skin, irrigation & more dryness for already dry skin.
- After exfoliating, it is recommended to use a moisturizer to prevent the skin from becoming too tight or stretchy.
Here are the Scrubs we Recommend based on Skin Type:
Want our experts to cover more techniques under the sun? Comment below and let us know!